Now, Bajrang Dal disrupts MNIK`s release in Gujarat

Now, Bajrang Dal disrupts MNIK`s release in Gujarat
Friday, February 12, 2010 12:23 IST
By Santa Banta News Network
The Bajrang Dal and the Mahagujarat Janata Party(MJP), a breakaway group of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), Thursday announced they would protest, and even prevent the release of Shah Rukh Khan starrer "My name Is Khan" in Gujarat.

Bajrang Dal activists, who burned effigies of Shah Rukh, have even asked multiplex owners to desist from exhibiting the film. Bajrang Dal leader Ranchhod Bharwad said that his organisation would go all out to scuttle the release of the film in the country.

"The script of the movie is a conspiracy against the Hindus, " he alleged.

Sunil Oza, a top leader of the MJP, said his outfit's youth wing, the Mahagujarat Suraksha Sena, would spearhead the move to prevent the showing of the film in the state.

"We will hold demonstrations at halls exhibiting the film and also present a memorandum to the district collector at all district headquarters, " he added.

Oza said their party has also urged Chief Minister Narendra Modi to stop the exhibition of the film in the state.

Ashok Purohit, who heads the state multiplex exhibitors association, admitted that he had received a request against showing the film but refused to identify the source of the request.

He said that his organisation had, in turn, pointed out that the role of a filmstar is over once the film is complete. "There are many others involved in the making of the film and it is a huge amount of money that rides on a film. It would not be proper to put all of them to loss, " he said, adding they had requested those who urged them against showing the film to consider this aspect.

For the moment it seems the exhibitors plan to go ahead with the release of the film.

The MJP had last year protested against the release of Mahesh Bhatt's "Tum Mile" following the controversy regarding his son's acquaintance with US terror accused David Headley. The Bajrang Dal did not allow the film "Parzania" made on a 2002 riot victim, the son of a Parsi couple to be screened while Aamir Khan starter "Fanaa" too was stopped from screening after he spoke in favour of Medha Patkar.

Gujarat Director General of Police S.S.Khandwawala said police was aware of the developments."If film exhibitors approach us for help, all police protection would be provided, " he added.
Rashmika Mandanna's Foodie Adventures Stir Up a Storm with Her Trainers!

Popular South Indian actress Rashmika Mandanna recently found herself in a lighthearted spot of

Saturday, April 05, 2025
Pooja Hegde Speaks Out on Typecasting in the Film Industry: It's Time to Break Stereotypes!

Actress Pooja Hegde, one of the most sought-after talents in the South Indian film industry, recently

Saturday, April 05, 2025
Kriti Sanon Reflects on Her March Moments: A Perfect Blend of Work and Wellness!

Kriti Sanon, Bollywood's beloved leading lady, recently took to Instagram to share her vibrant

Saturday, April 05, 2025
Shah Rukh Khan Leads Tributes: Manoj Kumar’s Legacy in Indian Cinema and Patriotism!

The passing of legendary actor and filmmaker Manoj Kumar has left a significant void in the Indian film

Saturday, April 05, 2025
Salman Khan Remembers Manoj Kumar: A Tribute to the Legend Behind 'Kranti'!

Bollywood mourns the loss of a cinematic icon as legendary actor and filmmaker Manoj Kumar

Saturday, April 05, 2025
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT